v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

A beta version of Tickstory v1.3 is now available. The major change is to support Metatrader Build 545, 574 and above due to changes in their historical data file format.

When exporting to Metatrader, Tickstory will now allow users to select the "File format" of the MT4 version they wish to export to. The correct file format is automatically detected by Tickstory based on the MT4 version contained in the selected installation folder, so there should be no need to manually set this option.

The installation can be found here:

(Link removed - official v1.3 version is now available).

Full change details are as follows:

New features
•[TICKLITE-139] MT4Export: Added support for Build 545+ which uses new file formats.
•[TICKLITE-139] MT4 Launcher: Now supports Build 545+ (without patching).

Fixes
•[TICKLITE-138] MT4Export: Fixed issue with CommissionType being saved incorrectly in MT4 Info.

An official release of v1.3 will be made available once any issues are resolved.

Regards.

radu

Re: v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

Post by radu »

Thank you for the new release!

Hungarian version of the news available here!

Ps.: I sent you an e-mail about a minor translation problem:)

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Radu - thanks for your feedback! The Hungarian translation has been corrected and will be available in the official v1.3 release.

Kind regards.

radu

Post by radu »

tickstory wrote:Hi Radu - thanks for your feedback! The Hungarian translation has been corrected and will be available in the official v1.3 release.
Thanks! ;)

Dobermann

Post by Dobermann »

Unfortunately not works with MT4 build 600 :cry:

Dobermann

Post by Dobermann »

Also when selecting folder for such new install its unable to detect installation at all.... Seems the issue caused new folder layout (MT4 store history and other user data in AppData now).

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dobermann,

You will need to use the /portable flag to ensure all data is stored in the MT4 directory. You will also need to make sure your MT4 installation is not under "Program Files" folder since Windows will prevent data from being written here.

Please let us know how you go.

Regards.

aravindhfx

Post by aravindhfx »

HI,
First i would like to thank u for the service u provide.

And for the latest version of MT4 i am not able to install it the modeling quality is na.

Can u please explain the steps to install and let know if we have to download the data again from dukascopy

Aravindh

Dobermann

Post by Dobermann »

tickstory wrote:Hi Dobermann,

You will need to use the /portable flag to ensure all data is stored in the MT4 directory. You will also need to make sure your MT4 installation is not under "Program Files" folder since Windows will prevent data from being written here.

Please let us know how you go.

Regards.
Tried this, it solved the problem with MT4 detection of course, but when I launch it from Tickstory it started in non-portable mode (checked by using "Open data folder" from File menu). So if tickstory exports data to MT4 folder - it will not work, because active folder is the one from AppData. Right ? Solution can be to add an option somewhere to specify additional command line arguments for launching MT4.

TickTester

Post by TickTester »

So, how do we launch MT4 build 600 from Tickstory in portable mode? I don't see a way to add the "/portable" in Tickstory. Bloody Metaquotes updated my MT4 testing platform to build 600 without my consent. Now, the tester/history folder is under roaming folder on my C: drive, but my C: drive being a solidstate drive does not have room for the humongous tick history files which is why I have them on a 4TB hard drive. But, the new build 600 doesn't see them there, of course. Can someone suggest a way to sort this out?