Tickstory crash at startup.

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
m8se

Tickstory crash at startup.

Post by m8se »

Hello.

I'm new to Tickstory. After installing it I can't run Tickstory - I've got regular MS crash window (the one with "send report" button). On information page I see that exception is "system.io.filenotfoundexception", but I don't know what file is missing. How can identify it and run Tickstory?

Greets,
m8se

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tickstory crash at startup.

Post by admin »

Hi m8se,

Thanks for raising your issue. Tickstory has the ability to detect any unhandled errors and display it's own detailed error message to trouble-shoot the issue. When you get the MS crash window, it usually means something fundamental is missing and/or corrupted such as the .NET installation. Could you please assist identifying the issue by answering a few questions:

- What Windows operating system are you using (including whether you are running it on a VM or virtualised environment)?
- Would you have a screenshot of the error message or further detail on the full/exact error message? Does it indicate which particular file is missing?
- Have you managed to run it on another computer where it works successfully? (This can help rule out whether it is an issue with language settings, network-related, etc). If not, can you please try uninstalling and re-installing .NET v3.5 to see if this helps?
- Can you please check the Windows "event log" to see if there is any further information about the error?

Hopefully we'll get this resolved soon!

m8se

Post by m8se »

Hello again.

My operating system is Xp SP3 installed on standalone pc (no virtualisation) and I can't try run it on other computer at this moment.

Information page on crash window contain this data:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : tickstory.exe P2 : 0.7.0.0 P3 : 50e6ae64
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 471ebc5b P7 : 1c65 P8 : b
P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception

Event log contain information (i have DotNet 2.0 installed properly): http://files.tinypic.pl/i/00233/1io6ufk2ljwh.jpg
With ProcessMonitor I found that I haven't file "mscorlib.pdb" on locations like "c:\windows", "c:\windows\dll", "c:\windows\symbols\dll" or "c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089". At the location listed as last I have file "mscorlib.dll". (http://pics.tinypic.pl/i/00233/c2hmjtd65qvy.jpg)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi m8se,

Thanks for the further detail. Sorry, I forgot to mention that the specific version of .NET required is v3.5. Could you please install this and try again. The setup.exe installation should be checking for this version and prompt you. If it isn't, then can you please try install .NET v3.5 manually and try again?

Thanks!

m8se

Post by m8se »

Hello.

I wrote that I have intalled .Net 2.0, but I have installed other versions also (3.0, 3.5, 4.0).

I solved the problem: it was about .Net 2.0, as I suspected. My version of installed .Net 2.0 was ".Net 2.0 SP1". After upgrading it to ".Net 2.0 SP2" Tickstory runs without any problem. Exporting data to MT4 and FXT files overwrite preventing work great.

Thanks for great software :)

ps. sorry for my english :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent news - thanks for letting us know how you solved it.
Have fun back-testing!