v1.7 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
ernest02

Re: v1.7 Released!

Post by ernest02 »

I am experiencing a problem that the results of the optimizer and a backtest with exactly the same settings give hugely different results. E.g. with the optimizer I had a profit of $5958 profit and running with exactly the same settings that the optimizer gave in a backtest I ony got $2413 profit. Both the optimizer and the backtest showed that there were 72 trades taken during the test over the same period. In one example I even had a loss when doing a backtest with the same settings that delivered a large profit in the optimizer.
This is very disconcerting and troublesome. What is happening here?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ernest,

Other than the EA itself, the only "external" reasons we know of that the optimizer may give some problems is if you are trying to test with > 4GB of data. See here for an example of this: http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=950.

If you're still having problems, it would be worthwhile also just baselining with the "MACD Sample" just to make sure that there are no other issues with the export of data, etc. After that, introduce a single parameter for optimization with a limited range (ideally 1 set that you match off with the "normal" back-test). Then you can gradually increase the optimization set to see where the differences are creeping in.

Hope this helps.

ernest02

Post by ernest02 »

I have now tried two other EA's also and I get the same problem where the profit in the optimizer is larger than when I run it as a backtest with the same parameters.
The size of the history file is only +- 1.5 GB.
Are you sure the optimizer uses the correct spread? I use it with my setting as "Current" (during the open market times of course)

irythee

Post by irythee »

Hi,

For TSL 1.7.4, an i set the spread at " Current " ?
Or i need to follow the "workaround" steps to key the spread manually?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Irythee,

You will need to explicitly set the spread at least once, otherwise it will be zero.

Hope this helps.

aleicos

Post by aleicos »

Hi,
I can't download the file using the original link, the result is this (italian):

Scaricamento del file

Tickstory_v1.7.4.zip (Non disponibile)

Where can I download ?
Thanks.

Alberto

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Alberto,

To be able to assist you, could you please update your email details to the one you used on your order? We could not find any record under the email you have provided.

Thanks!

aleicos

Post by aleicos »

Thanks, I have updated the email address.
However, in the meantime, I found a copy of the new version I had already downloaded.
It remains to understand why my download is currently not possible.
Thank you.

irythee

Post by irythee »

Hi all, may i know how do you guys update your history data? I've a problem with that.
Example i have export history data from 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Dec 2015 to my MT4.
And i want to add a new data that's from 1 Jan 2016 to 31 Jan 2016, so that i can have history data from 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Jan 2016.
But after i export the new data to MT4, my old data 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Dec2015 is missing.
Do i really need to export from 1 Jan 2015 everytime i want to update my history data?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

aleicos wrote:Thanks, I have updated the email address.
However, in the meantime, I found a copy of the new version I had already downloaded.
It remains to understand why my download is currently not possible.
Thank you.
Hi Alberto - thanks for updating the details. The link should now be available (it expires after a period).
Kind regards.