TickStory generates bad data when all fxt deselected

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
JohnTaylorHK

TickStory generates bad data when all fxt deselected

Post by JohnTaylorHK »

Hi Support,

I just need .hst files, and so deselected al FXT tickboxes on the "export to MT4" dialog. This caused .hst files containing garbage (O=H=L=C=1.0) for all time frames.

Selecting just the M1 fxt tickbox sorted the issue.

On another note, please consider TS saving the last used settings for each pane. I now have to de-select 8 of the 9 time frames on the dialog for each of 17 currency pairs!

Best

John Taylor

tickstory

Re: TickStory generates bad data when all fxt deselected

Post by tickstory »

Hi JohnTaylor,

Thanks for raising the issue with the HST files not being generated correctly - we will look into this.

Regarding the dialog box saving settings, yes, this is an item that should be available next version. Do note though that you are able to export all 17 pairs in one go. Just highlight them and click on 'Export to MT4' and off you go. The settings for each individual pair can also be custom-set in the 'Metatrader Info' tab if you desire.

Hope this helps.

jdaniele

Post by jdaniele »

I had the same problem today with Tickstory lite version 1.1.0.0.

I tried to export data to MT4 history.

Because I don't need FXT files, I deselected them all.
Moreover I did some other export configuration changes, like timezone.
Tickstory_export_config_1.png
Then i loaded the .mt4config to match my Alpary broker config
Tickstory_export_config_2.png
I repeated this process for 5-6 currencies running 2-4 exports at the same time (i don't know if it can help you to understand the cause, maybe related to concurrency execution of multiple threads during export).

The result was really a mess! :cry:

For JPY based currencies most data values are the same because they do not contain decimal values.... :?

About GBPUSD, Tickstory exported all values to 1.0000 or 2.0000 for every Timeframe... :o
Tickstory_export_USDJPY_GBPUSD.png
About EURUSD, happened something even more strange: all timeframes are fine except M5 and M15 having 1.0000 data everywhere....

Of course, if i go and look data inside Tickstory windows, everything looks fine.

Now I'm trying to delete all those f**ked exports and start from scratch to export them again in some other way. :x

I lost half of a day doing all those exports.... :evil:
Please, fix these bugs because this wonderful software deserves more than to be deleted from my HD because unuseful.
It should be a MUST HAVE for me, but only when I can really TRUST IT.... :roll:

Ok, let me know if you need some more details.
If I have any news about any other test i'm going to do, I will report it here.
The first thing I wanna try is to export less data and one currency at time.
Then I will try to check one FXT file to see if Tickstory behaves differently.

Anyway, thanks for this free version of Tickstory and for your effort to make it better.
jdaniele

PS: Why I cannot attach to this message more than 3 files :?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jdaniele,

Thanks for logging a problem report. We've reproduced the issue and it appears related to the fact you are not exporting at least one FXT time-frame. The workaround for the moment is to ensure at least 1 FXT time-frame is selected. We will work on addressing the issue in the next version.

Kind regards.