MT5 Bars and Ticks import issue with regional settings BUGFIX

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
bacca87

MT5 Bars and Ticks import issue with regional settings BUGFIX

Post by bacca87 »

I was unable to import bars and ticks in MT5 with the standard settings, so i followed the step by step guide without success https://tickstory.com/how-to-import-tic ... atrader-5/.

Then i've checked the MT5 documentation and i found an error in the Time format of the generated csv files.

This is the correct time format get by official MT5 documentation: (HH:mm:ss)

This is the time format that Tickstory generate with the Pre-defined MT5 bar format:
as yu can see the output time is HH.mm.ss instead of HH:mm:ss!!!

I also tryed to create a custom format:
but nothing, same error: HH.mm.ss instead of HH:mm:ss...

At the end i found a temporary workaround in order to fix that issue just changing the "long time" format in windows regional settings:

Search -> Region -> Change data formats
and then just set the "Long Time" format with colons!

Note for tickstory developers:
Tickstory should ignore the regional settings and follow the custom format, can you fix that for the next release please?

tickstory

Re: MT5 Bars and Ticks import issue BUGFIX

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bacca87,

Thanks for noting this. Could you please let us know what regional settings you are using so we can reproduce the issue on our side?

The solution should be just to add a backslash to the format like so:

Code: Select all

{BarBeginTime:yyyyMMdd},{BarBeginTime:HH\:mm\:ss},{Open},{High},{Low},{Close},{BarTickCount},{BarTickCount},{BarMaxSpreadInt}
You can try this by selecting the custom format and adding the back-slashes ahead of the colons (i.e. HH\:mm\:ss).

If this works, we'll make this change to the MT5 formats in an upcoming version.

Thanks.

tickstory

Re: MT5 Bars and Ticks import issue with regional settings BUGFIX

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

The slash has been added to the MT5 custom formats in the recently released v1.9.5.5. Please use your download link to get this version.

Thanks.

bacca87

Re: MT5 Bars and Ticks import issue BUGFIX

Post by bacca87 »

tickstory wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 pm
Hi Bacca87,

Thanks for noting this. Could you please let us know what regional settings you are using so we can reproduce the issue on our side?
I'm using italian regional settings.
tickstory wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:12 am
Hello,

The slash has been added to the MT5 custom formats in the recently released v1.9.5.5. Please use your download link to get this version.

Thanks.
I tried to download the new version using my Tickstory Standard link but i'm still getting the v1.9.5.4

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bacca87,

> I tried to download the new version using my Tickstory Standard link but i'm still getting the v1.9.5.4

Please see the email we sent to you separately on this.

> I'm using italian regional settings.

We tried to use the Italian regional settings but unfortunately it didn't seem to reproduce the issue. Would you have a screenshot of the exact format setting that you have that causes the problem? Please let us know if the latest update fixes it for you.

Thanks.

bacca87

Post by bacca87 »

tickstory wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 pm
We tried to use the Italian regional settings but unfortunately it didn't seem to reproduce the issue. Would you have a screenshot of the exact format setting that you have that causes the problem?
tickstory wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 pm
Please let us know if the latest update fixes it for you.
I've updated tickstory and the bug is fixed, thx for the quick support!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great news, Bacca87! Thanks for letting us know.

Happy back-testing ;)